Sunday, December 4, 2016

Review of November 2016

I ended November slightly positive, growing the account by 0.65%. However, this doesn't balance the loss I made back in October (-2.5%).


Trades: 7
Account growth: 0.65%

I'm on track to finish 2016 with a return of over 10%. In fact, if December is friendly to me, I can finish with a 15% return. 

My number of trades for November was low, 7 vs my monthly average of 11. Out of curiosity, I checked to see how the number of trades per month affected my monthly performance.

Average number of trades for winning months: 10
Average number of trades for losing months: 12.33

Number of trades for best month (4.45% return): 4
Number of trades for worst month (-2.93% return): 18

Essentially, during losing months, I'd trade more often. I put this down to being more loose with my signal criteria. When you're losing or find yourself in doubt, TRADE LESS!

During November, I paid greater attention to retail sentiment, which reduced the number of trades I put on. I also kept my risk very low for the month, capping my max position size to 1%.

RESEARCH

My research for November was very dry. I didn't develop any new leads or insights. It's becoming a struggle to find new angles to research. 

NEXT MONTH

The markets will tend to settle down as Christmas approaches. I plan to stay out from the 19th of December, and re-enter after New Year's Day.

Good luck to everyone, and have a merry Christmas! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such an important post. Happy to read your articles. Going to subscribe for for reading future updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The markets will tend to settle down as Christmas approaches. I plan to stay out from the 19th of December, and re-enter after New Year's Day. "
    Thanks for sharing.I wish many newbies come here and learn the realities of forex trading.Going through your post; I see realities-transparency.Thanks once again.

    Bosun
    FxGlory remains my best broker since 2014.

    ReplyDelete